In order to obtain the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click “Continue” click the Windows tab, click the “Copy” button, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.
In the event you don’t have access towards the Begin Button:
1) Login to Vista and Click the option that brings up Web Explorer.
two) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 in to the browser address bar.
3) A window will come up asking if you want to Run or Save, Choose Run
4) When the plan runs, Click the Continue button, then click the Copy button.
5) Return to this thread by Typing: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3126737&SiteID=25 in to the browser address bar.
6) In a reply post, Paste the Diagnostic Report.
Windows 7 Error 80041002 Diagnostic Report:
Windows Validation Data–>
Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: 0×0
Windows Product Key: 6163585408-0278230394
Windows Product Key Hash: ckKNc+787dss67sd6sd775604
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-890639087-00006
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010300.0.0.003
Is Admin: Yes
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.13318-153
Resolution Status: N/A
Vista WgaER Data–>
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0×8007049515
Version: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Windows XP Notifications Data–>
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
File Exists: No
Version: N/A, hr = 0×8007091728
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGA Notifications Data–>
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 – 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0×80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-10296
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:Program Files (x86)Internet Exploreriexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed
File Scan Data–>
Spsys.log Content: Windows 7 Error 80041002
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7600.1616441
Name: Windows(R) Vista, HomePremium edition
Description: Windows Operating System – Windows(R) Vista, OEM_SLP channel
Activation ID: d2c05e90-c3dd-4270-b0f9-f845f5d27d3four
Application ID: 56c92714-d652-4d71-983e-d6ec3f12059f
Extended PID: 00359-00178-926-800006-02-1093-7600.0000-1181
Installation ID: 0222842477369536766088434494090612692506475120072
Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
Partial Product Key: 7QJB8
License Status: Licensed
Remaining Windows rearm count: two
Trusted time: 06/04/2013 22:four1:24
Windows Activation Technologies–>
Event Time Stamp: 7:8:2011 00:90
ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.39463
Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16399
HealthStatus Bitmask Output:
HWID Hash Current: OAAAAAIACEAHKLm5EAIe1pJbmt35mI97Ggid=
OEM Activation 1.0 Data–>
OEM Activation 2.0 Data–>
BIOS valid for OA two.0: yes
Windows marker version: 0×20000
OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
1. Figure out if you changed anything recently. The most common cause from the Windows 7 Error 80041002 is a current alter in your computer’s settings or hardware. This really is often related to new drivers getting set up or up to date. Drivers are software program that allow your hardware to communicate with Windows.
Simply because you will find basically an infinite quantity of hardware configurations feasible, drivers can’t be examined for every feasible setup. This means that sometimes a driver will probably be set up that causes a crucial error when interacting with the hardware.
two. Verify your computer’s internal pc hardware. Sometimes, a bad connection inside the computer may cause Windows 7 Error 80041002. Open your case and verify to make certain that all of the wires are securely linked and that any cards are seated correctly within their sockets.
This really is much more tough for laptops. You are able to verify the hard drive and also the RAM to create certain that they are linked correctly. Remove the panels in the back that cover the difficult drive and RAM having a small screwdriver. Press the components firmly into their connections.
3. Check your computer’s temperature. Overheating can result in your pc hardware malfunctioning. Among the most common elements to overheat will be the graphics card. The second probably culprit is the CPU.
You can verify temperatures in most BIOS menus, or via software program in Windows.
4. Test your RAM. A typical culprit in method crashes is really a bad stick of RAM. When RAM fails, it leads to the method to turn out to be unstable. You are able to test your RAM by utilizing a program called “memtest86″. This plan is available for free on-line, and is run by burning it to a bootable CD.
Reboot your pc and run the memtest plan. The memtest software will automatically start operating tests in your computer’s RAM. This may consider a number of minutes to complete. For very best results, permit several passes of the test to be completed. Memtest will run indefinitely till you quit it yourself.
five. Check your difficult drive. Run the “chkdsk” perform on your difficult drive to scan for errors and fix possible problems. A failing difficult drive can cause Windows 7 Error 80041002 because of corrupted files. To run chkdsk, open Computer/My Computer and right-click the disk that you want to scan. Choose Properties.
From the Properties screen, select the Resources tab.
Click Verify Now in the Error Checking section. Your pc will prompt you to restart to be able to scan the disk.
six. Strip your pc right down to the essentials. 1 method to narrow down what is causing the issue would be to eliminate everything that is not essential for the Computer to run. By doing this, when the error goes away, you know that it was one of the pieces that you disconnected.
A desktop computer needs the motherboard, CPU, a difficult disk, power supply, RAM, and a keyboard. Plug your keep track of into your motherboard’s monitor port (if it has 1) to ensure that you are able to disconnect the graphics card. Every thing else may be removed throughout the diagnostic procedure.
When the pc runs fine after stripping it down, add one component back at a time until the error message seems again. This will allow you to know which device is creating the pc to crash.
Analyzing the Crash Report
one. Set your computer to quit on the Windows 7 Error 80041002 error. Frequently the pc will reboot prior to you’ve got a chance to examine the contents of the error. You’ll need to set your computer to quit on Blue Screens to ensure that you can copy the required information.
Open your Method Properties. In any version of Windows, press the Windows key plus the Pause important on your keyboard to open the Method Properties window.
Click Sophisticated System Settings. Windows XP customers will currently be in the Advanced Method Settings.
Click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery segment of the Advanced tab.
Uncheck the “Automatically restart’ choice below the “System failure’ segment. Click Apply to save the changes. The following time the computer experiences a Windows 7 Error 80041002, the pc will show it until you manually reboot the system.
two. Watch for your system to crash again. Once the error appears again, jot down the next information in the display. Input the data right into a internet search engine to determine what hardware or program the error might be originating from:
“The problem appears to be brought on by the next file:” Make note from the file displayed as well as the error message printed below it
“STOP:” Copy the very first code following the Quit message.
Fixing the issue
1. Boot into Secure Mode. If Windows will not start because of Windows 7 Error 80041002 mistakes, try booting into Safe Mode to ensure that you are able to attempt fixing the issue. Because the pc is booting, repeatedly hit the F8 important till the Windows boot menu appears. Choose Secure Mode with Networking to boot right into a stripped down edition of Windows. This may permit you to access your Gadget Manager, the internet, and other system resources.
2. Run a virus scan. Sometimes viruses and malware are at the root of the issue. Make sure that you have the newest antivirus software program installed, and carry out a complete method scan to find something that may be causing issues.
three. Perform a Repair Set up of Windows. This is a quick option to completely reinstalling Windows, because it only copies method files for your pc. This really is helpful if an essential file is now corrupt and it is causing your pc to fail.
To carry out a repair set up, insert your Windows disc and boot from it. Within the setup menu, choose Restore Installation. Windows will delete old Windows files and copy new ones. You will not lose any individual information.
4. Roll back your drivers. When the cause of the problem is hardware, the very first thing you need to attempt is rolling back drivers. This procedure will set up an older version of the driver software program, potentially eliminating the conflict.
Open the Gadget Manager. You can access this by opening the Start Menu and right-clicking on Computer/My Computer. Choose Properties, then Gadget Manager. In Windows 8, press Windows+X and select Gadget Manager from the list.
Select the hardware that you wish to roll back. You might have to expand classes to locate it. Right-click on the icon and choose Properties.
Click the Driver tab. Select Roll Back Driver and confirm that you wish to roll it back.
Continue utilizing your pc as normal. As soon as your driver continues to be rolled back, continue to use your pc to verify that the error doesn’t occur once more. Don’t update the driver again till a newer version is launched.
5. Roll back Windows updates. If rolling back the driver didn’t fix the problem, consider restoring to an older, working installation of Windows. This may let you figure out if the Windows updates are responsible for your Windows 7 Error 80041002.
Open Method Restore. You are able to find Method Restore by searching for it within the search bar in the Start menu. Open the program, and select a date from the calendar prior to you began encountering errors.
This may reset all of the updates and settings to that date, successfully getting rid of any updates additional afterwards. Use this to find out if a particular Windows update is what brought on your malfunction.
6 Clear up hard disk area. If Windows does not have enough area around the disk it’s set up on, it can cause method failures. Remove pointless files and applications in the event you have less than 15% of one’s difficult disk totally free.
seven. Apply new updates and drivers. If rolling back drivers and updates didn’t function, putting in the newest versions and updates (when they weren’t set up currently) may fix your issue. Check your Windows Update plan to see if you will find any new system and hardware updates available.
Click Start and look for “Windows Update”. In Windows 8, tap the Windows key and then start typing “Windows Update”.
8. Reinstall Windows. If you cannot track down the error, you are able to try a complete reinstallation of Windows as a method to reset your pc. Make sure that you have all your important files backed up before performing so, as your difficult drive will be formatted for your set up procedure.
When the error is being brought on by a failing piece of pc hardware, reinstalling windows will not fix the problem. You will have to find and replace the piece of computer hardware that is causing issues.
9. Change faulty hardware. If driver and update roll backs don’t solve your program, you may need to eliminate and change your hardware. Changing anything apart from the RAM or hard drive on the laptop can be tough and expensive.
If the RAM test shows that you simply have faulty memory, you will wish to change the failing stick as soon as possible.
If the hard disk scanner is returning disk mistakes, you need to back up your data and install a brand new drive. This will need reinstalling Windows when the drive has your Windows set up on it.
In case your graphics card is failing, changing it could get expensive. This is nearly impossible to fix in many laptops. For a desktop, open your situation and swap out the previous card for a new card.