In order to receive the best support, we request all customers initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click “Continue” click the Windows tab, click the “Copy” button, then paste the report into a response message within this thread.
In the event you don’t have access towards the Start Button:
1) Login to Vista and Click the choice that brings up Web Explorer.
2) Kind: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 in to the browser address bar.
three) A window will come up asking if you want to Run or Save, Select Run
four) When the plan runs, Click the Continue button, then click the Copy button.
5) Return to this thread by Typing: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3126737&SiteID=25 in to the browser address bar.
6) In a reply post, Paste the Diagnostic Report.
Solve Error Num 80040218 Diagnostic Report:
Windows Validation Data–>
Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: 0×0
Windows Product Key: 9870746238-6169255663
Windows Product Key Hash: ckKNc+787dss67sd6sd700531
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-892293587-00006
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.two.00010300.0.0.003
Is Admin: Yes
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.13318-153
Resolution Status: N/A
Vista WgaER Data–>
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0×8007035448
Version: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Windows XP Notifications Data–>
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
File Exists: No
Version: N/A, hr = 0×8007042031
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGA Notifications Data–>
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 – 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0×80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0×80070002
Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-364-38527
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:Program Files (x86)Internet Exploreriexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed
File Scan Data–>
Spsys.log Content: Solve Error Num 80040218
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7600.1611147
Name: Windows(R) XP, HomePremium edition
Description: Windows Operating System – Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
Activation ID: d2c02e90-c3dd-4230-b0f9-f845f5d27d2four
Application ID: five4c92704-d652-4d71-983e-d6ec3f19059f
Extended PID: 00359-00178-926-800006-02-1033-7600.0000-1183
Installation ID: 0222847477369536766088494494090612672506475120272
Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
Partial Product Key: 7QJB1
License Status: Licensed
Remaining Windows rearm count: two
Trusted time: 01/02/2013 two4:four5:46
Windows Activation Technologies–>
Event Time Stamp: 7:8:2009 00:43
ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.8400.48553
Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
HealthStatus Bitmask Output:
HWID Hash Current: OAAAAQAZCEAHKLm5EAIe1pJbmt36mI95GgiY=
OEM Activation 1.0 Data–>
OEM Activation two.0 Data–>
BIOS valid for OA two.0: yes
Windows marker version: 0×20008
OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
one. Determine if you altered anything lately. The most common cause of the Solve Error Num 80040218 is really a current change in your computer’s settings or hardware. This really is often related to new drivers obtaining installed or updated. Drivers are software that allow your computer hardware to talk with Windows.
Because there are essentially an infinite quantity of pc hardware configurations possible, drivers cannot be examined for every possible setup. Which means that occasionally a driver will be set up that causes a crucial error when communicating using the pc hardware.
2. Check your computer’s inner computer hardware. Occasionally, a poor connection within the pc may cause Solve Error Num 80040218. Open your case and check to make certain that all the cables are securely connected and that any cards are seated firmly within their sockets.
This really is much more tough for laptops. You are able to check the hard drive and also the RAM to make certain that they are linked properly. Remove the panels within the back that cover the hard drive and RAM having a little screwdriver. Press the components firmly into their connections.
3. Check your computer’s temperature. Getting too hot can lead to your hardware malfunctioning. Among the most typical elements to overheat will be the graphics card. The second probably culprit will be the CPU.
You are able to verify temperatures in many BIOS menus, or via software program in Windows.
four. Test your RAM. A typical culprit in method crashes is really a poor stick of RAM. When RAM fails, it leads to the system to turn out to be unstable. You are able to check your RAM by using a plan known as “memtest86″. This program is accessible at no cost on-line, and it is run by burning it to a bootable CD.
Reboot your pc and run the memtest plan. The memtest software program will automatically begin operating exams in your computer’s RAM. This might consider a number of minutes to complete. For best outcomes, allow several passes of the test to be finished. Memtest will run indefinitely until you stop it your self.
five. Check your difficult drive. Run the “chkdsk” perform in your difficult drive to scan for mistakes and fix potential problems. A failing hard drive may cause Solve Error Num 80040218 due to corrupted files. To run chkdsk, open Computer/My Pc and right-click the disk that you want to scan. Select Properties.
From the Properties display, choose the Resources tab.
Click Verify Now in the Error Checking section. Your pc will prompt you to restart in order to scan the disk.
six. Strip your pc down to the essentials. One way to narrow down what is causing the issue would be to eliminate every thing that’s not important for the Pc to run. By doing this, if the error goes away, you know that it had been among the pieces that you disconnected.
A desktop computer needs the motherboard, CPU, a hard disk, power provide, RAM, along with a keyboard. Plug your monitor into your motherboard’s monitor port (if it has one) so that you can disconnect the graphics card. Every thing else can be removed during the diagnostic procedure.
If the computer runs fine after stripping it down, add 1 component back at a time until the error message appears again. This may let you know which gadget is causing the computer to crash.
Analyzing the Crash Report
1. Set your pc to stop on the Solve Error Num 80040218 error. Frequently the pc will reboot prior to you’ve got a chance to examine the contents of the error. You will need to set your pc to quit on Blue Screens to ensure that you can copy the necessary information.
Open your System Properties. In any version of Windows, press the Windows important plus the Pause important in your keyboard to open the System Properties window.
Click Sophisticated System Settings. Windows XP customers will already be in the Advanced System Settings.
Click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery section of the Sophisticated tab.
Uncheck the “Automatically restart’ option under the “System failure’ section. Click Apply to conserve the modifications. The next time the pc experiences a Solve Error Num 80040218, the computer will show it till you manually reboot the method.
2. Watch for your method to crash again. Once the error seems once more, jot down the following information from the show. Input the information right into a internet search engine to determine what hardware or plan the error may be originating from:
“The problem seems to be brought on by the following file:” Make note from the file displayed along with the error message printed beneath it
“STOP:” Copy the very first code after the Stop message.
Repairing the issue
1. Boot into Safe Mode. If Windows will not start because of Solve Error Num 80040218 errors, attempt booting into Secure Mode so that you are able to try repairing the issue. Because the pc is booting, repeatedly hit the F8 key until the Windows boot menu seems. Choose Secure Mode with Networking to boot into a stripped down version of Windows. This will permit you to accessibility your Device Manager, the web, and other method tools.
2. Run a virus scan. Occasionally viruses and malware are in the root from the issue. Make sure that you have the latest antivirus software program set up, and carry out a full method scan to locate anything that may be creating problems.
three. Carry out a Repair Set up of Windows. This is a quick alternative to completely reinstalling Windows, because it only copies method files for your computer. This really is useful if an essential file is now corrupt and is causing your pc to fail.
To carry out a repair set up, insert your Windows disc and boot from it. Within the setup menu, select Restore Installation. Windows will delete old Windows files and copy new ones. You’ll not shed any individual data.
4. Roll back your drivers. If the trigger from the problem is hardware, the very first thing you should attempt is rolling back drivers. This process will install an older version from the driver software, potentially getting rid of the conflict.
Open the Device Manager. You are able to access this by opening the Start Menu and right-clicking on Computer/My Pc. Select Properties, then Gadget Manager. In Windows eight, press Windows+X and choose Gadget Manager in the checklist.
Choose the computer hardware that you wish to roll back. You may have to expand classes to find it. Right-click around the icon and select Properties.
Click the Driver tab. Select Roll Back Driver and confirm that you simply wish to roll it back.
Continue utilizing your pc as normal. As soon as your driver has been rolled back, continue to use your pc to verify the error doesn’t occur again. Do not update the driver once more until a newer edition is released.
5. Roll back Windows updates. If rolling back the driver didn’t fix the problem, think about restoring to an older, working installation of Windows. This may let you determine if the Windows updates are accountable for your Solve Error Num 80040218.
Open System Restore. You are able to find Method Restore by searching for it within the search bar within the Start menu. Open the plan, and choose a date in the calendar before you started experiencing mistakes.
This will reset all the updates and settings to that date, successfully removing any updates added afterwards. Use this to find out if a specific Windows update is what brought on your malfunction.
6 Clear up difficult disk area. If Windows does not have enough area on the disk it’s installed on, it can trigger system failures. Eliminate pointless files and programs if you have much less than 15% of one’s hard disk free.
seven. Apply new updates and drivers. If rolling back drivers and updates did not function, installing the newest versions and updates (when they weren’t set up currently) might repair your problem. Check your Windows Update plan to see if you will find any new system and computer hardware updates available.
Click Begin and look for “Windows Update”. In Windows eight, tap the Windows key and after that start typing “Windows Update”.
eight. Reinstall Windows. If you cannot track down the error, you can attempt a full reinstallation of Windows as being a way to reset your computer. Make certain that you simply have all your important files backed up prior to performing so, as your difficult drive will probably be formatted for your install process.
If the error is becoming brought on by a failing piece of hardware, reinstalling windows won’t repair the issue. You will have to find and replace the piece of hardware that is creating problems.
9. Replace faulty pc hardware. If driver and update roll backs don’t resolve your program, you might need to eliminate and change your hardware. Changing anything other than the RAM or hard drive on the laptop can be difficult and expensive.
When the RAM test exhibits that you have defective memory, you will wish to change the failing stick as soon as possible.
When the hard disk scanner is returning disk mistakes, you should back up your data and install a brand new drive. This may require reinstalling Windows when the drive has your Windows installation on it.
In case your graphics card is failing, replacing it could get expensive. This is almost impossible to fix in many laptops. For a desktop, open your situation and change out the old card for a new one.